Apply to be a TRIO Scholar
If you are an undergraduate student who is a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident;
have an academic need; and meet at least one of the following criteria – you may be
We are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back September 2017. If you would like to receive a notification once applications are available, sign up here
How to Apply (during application period)
- Download an application or pick one up from our office. Fill out the editable PDF
form or print it out and complete it by hand (blue or black ink only).
- Sign and date the application. If you are under the age of 24, and answer "no" to
all the questions in section two, your parent or guardian must also sign and date
the application. The application must contain original signatures.
- Attach a copy of your award letter from R'Web to the application.
- Return your original signed application and award letter in-person to the TRIO Scholars office at UCR, located in Highlander Union Building 261. If
you have questions, please call (951) 827-6195.
- You will be required to complete a 15-minute student intake interview with a TRIO
Scholar staff member. This meeting will be scheduled when you bring in your application.
- You will receive a notification of your status within 10 business days of your intake