Welcome to the TRIO Scholars Program!
UC Riverside's TRIO Scholars Program, also known as Student Support Services (SSS), is dedicated to opening the door of opportunity. The program is federally funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. TRIO Scholars focuses on improving retention and graduation rates of first-generation and income-qualified students and students with disabilities. The 140 TRIO Scholar Program participants gain academic, social, personal and career support from entry into the program until graduation.
But success at UC Riverside is not the endgame for TRIO Scholar participants. The program strives to provide the contacts and networking opportunities necessary for success beyond graduation as well.
Learn more by reading our TRIO Scholars brochure.
Services & Benefits
- Priority registration
- Free printing and computer workstations
- Academic support and tutoring
- Information about financial aid, scholarships and economic literacy
- Faculty presentations
- Peer mentoring
- Workshops and seminars
- Cultural events
- Networking opportunities
- Leadership development
- Graduate school guidance
- Career counseling
- Sense of community
- ARC Graduation Exam Preparation Seminar Funding
The TRIO Scholars Program is open to any undergraduate student who is a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident. Applicants must have an academic need and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student
- Low-income (based on the U.S. Department of Education scale)
- Have a physical or learning disability
In order to remain active in the program, students must complete the following requirements:
- Meet with assigned staff member once per quarter
- Attend two campus partner events/workshops a year
- Attend one TRIO Scholars-sponsored Financial Literacy Workshop
- Participate in at least two TRIO-sponsored activities per quarter and one during the summer
- Maintain good academic standing