Apply to be a TRIO Scholar
If you are an undergraduate student who is a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident; have an academic need; and meet at least one of the following criteria – you may be eligible:
- First-generation college student
- Low-income (based on the U.S. Department of Education scale)
- Have a physical or learning disability
Have a physical or learning disability (must be registered at the Student Disability Resource Center at UCR).
We are not accepting applications at this time. The next application cycle will open in Summer 2018. To receive program updates and a notification of application availability, fill out an interest form HERE.
How to Apply (during application period)
- Download an application or pick one up from our office. Fill out the editable PDF form or print it out and complete it by hand (blue or black ink only).
- Sign and date the application. If you are under the age of 24, and answer "no" to all the questions in section two, your parent or guardian must also sign and date the application. The application must contain original signatures.
- Attach a copy of your award letter from R'Web to the application.
- Return your original signed application and award letter in-person to the TRIO Scholars office at UCR, located in Highlander Union Building 261. If you have questions, please call (951) 827-6195.
- You will be required to complete a 10 minute student intake interview with a TRIO Scholar staff member. This meeting will be scheduled when you bring in your application.
- You will receive a notification of your status via e-mail. TRIO Scholars staff will notify students of notification timeline during application period.