Apply to be a TRIO Scholar
The application cycle for the 2021-2022 academic year is now closed. Please check back in the Spring 2022 for updates.
You may be eligible if you are an undergraduate student who is a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident; have an academic need; and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student
- Low-income (based on the U.S. Department of Education scale)
- Have a physical or learning disability. (You must be registered at the Student Disability Resource Center at UCR (SDRC)).
Guidelines are set by the U.S. Department of Education. If you are not eligible, you will be notified. Decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
If there are not sufficient spots, eligible students may be put on a waitlist. Offers will be made to waitlisted students as spots become available throughout the year. Waitlisted students must accept or decline the offer within 72 hours.
Program Requirements and Expectations
TRIO Scholars staff is deeply committed to the success of our students and expect a high level of engagement from our students to ensure they receive all the resources they need. In order to meet our mission of student success, and to remain active participant in the program, all students that are accepted into the TRIO Scholars program must complete the following requirements:
- Meet with assigned staff member once per quarter
- Participate in two TRIO Scholars workshops per quarter and one during the summer
- Attend two campus partner workshops a year
- Attend one TRIO Scholars Financial Literacy Workshop a year
- Maintain good academic standing