Apply to be a TRIO Scholar
If you are an undergraduate student who is a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident; have an academic need; and meet at least one of the following criteria – you may be eligible:
- First-generation college student
- Low-income (based on the U.S. Department of Education scale)
- Have a physical or learning disability (must be registered at the Student Disability Resource Center at UCR).
Guidelines are set by the U.S. Department of Education. If you are not eligible, you will be notified. Decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
If you are eligible but there are not sufficient spots, you will be placed on a waitlist. Offers will be made to waitlisted students as spots become available throughout the year. Waitlisted students must accept or decline the offer within 72 hours.
We are excited to announce that our application is now open. In order to apply, you must be a current or incoming (starting Summer 2018 or Fall 2018) UCR undergraduate student.
Check the online application for upcoming deadlines.
Step 1: Fill out and submit an online application
- To apply, you will need:
- Unofficial high school transcripts (.pdf)
- Unofficial community college transcripts (.pdf) –TRANSFER STUDENTS ONLY
- Income tax information (2016)
- If you are a dependent, you will need your parent’s tax information.
- If you are independent, you will need your tax information.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed.
Step 2: Participate in 15-minute Student Interview
- If you are eligible, you will be invited to a 15-minute student interview. You will be sent a link to sign up for an interview slot.
Step 3: Attend the TRIO Scholars New Participant Orientation
- If you are eligible and invited to orientation, you will be required to complete additional documentation.
- Students invited to the orientation are conditionally accepted. Conditionally accepted students MUST attend ONE orientation session and need to stay for the entirety of the session. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please select at least one available session while completing your application.
Saturday, October 13th 9:00am-11:00am
Monday, October 15th 10:00am-12:00pm
Thursday, October 18th 4:00pm-6:00pm
If you are eligible but there are not sufficient spots OR you do not attend an orientation session, you will be placed on a waitlist.
Step 4: Attend Leadership Conference on Saturday, November 3rd 8am-6pm
Students who complete all above steps/requirements will be sent an Official TRIO Scholars Welcome Letter and receive priority registration.
All application questions or concerns should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.